Mariuca García-Lomas - CV
Mariuca García-Lomas is born in Cantabria, Spain, in 1991.
She grows up in Madrid where she studies Digital Design in IED Madrid.
In 2015 she moves to London, UK, where she starts her career as a multidisciplinary artist.
Her main focus becomes her work in music as a composer, producer, engineer, writer and singer, but she also often works in the fields of illustration, animation and filmmaking.
In 2022, she moves back to Madrid where she currently lives and works.
- She works as an intern in the art gallery Galería Marta Cervera, Madrid. Link
- She works as an intern in the graphic design studio 727, Madrid.
- She co-founds the filmmaking collective DROMME alongside Inés Quijano and Santos Bacana.
Together they write and direct commercials, music videos and short films for brands and artists.
- She works as a freelance photographer, filmmaker and web designer for different brands, companies and publications.
- She co-founds the music and artistic project Northwest alongside composer and producer Ignacio Simón. Link
- She wins the VEGAP Illustration Grant for her animation project Fotogramas. Link
- She exhibits her work Fotogramas at Círculo de Bellas Artes, Madrid. Link
- She releases HP5 (EP) with her solo music project Mariuk that wins the Fundación SGAE Grant for Artists. Link
- She co-founds and organizes alongside Ignacio Simón the Experimental Arts Festival One in London. Link
- She releases I (LP) with her music duo Northwest. Link
- She releases God on the Dancefloor / Reborn (EP) with her solo music project Mariuk. Link
- She embarks on a 4 month tour all over Europe with her music duo Northwest. Link
- She writes, produces and engineers the soundtrack for the film Réplica directed by Álvaro de la Hoz. Link
- She embarks on another 4 month tour all over Europe with her music duo Northwest.
- She releases II (LP) with her music duo Northwest. Link
- She releases If You Ever Get Lost (LP) with her solo music project Mariuk. Link
- She starts working as a composer for various production music companies such as EMI Records, Ultraphonic and Felt Music among others.
- She writes, produces and engineers the soundtrack for the film Rooms directed by Álvaro de la Hoz. Link
- She writes and produces music for the experimental documentary AZINHEIRA directed by Álvaro Gómez-Pidal. Link
- She co-founds the record label Tempel Arts alongside Ignacio Simón. Link
- She collaborates with the polish experimental music label Glamour and creates the song Me with artist Al Berkowitz for a charity compilation. Link
- She co-creates alongside Ignacio Simón the soundtrack and sound design to the podcast series IN SITU directed by Arturo Lezcano and produced by Jimena Marcos published by Podium Podcasts. Link
- She produces and engineers the song Cansada for spanish artist Blanca Lomas. Link
- She releases Blue Days (LP) with her solo music project Mariuk alongside a limited edition cassette and a documentary about the making of the record. Link
- She co-writes alongside Ignacio Simón the soundtrack for the film Samurai and Me directed by Álvaro de la Hoz.
- She completes a 6 months musical residency at n the theater La Encina Teatro of Madrid with her music duo Northwest. Link
- She collaborates with the artist Jag Hare Pogo in the song Those Who Knows What Love Is. Link
She embarks on another tour all over Europe with her music duo Northwest.
- She releases Anomaly with her music duo Northwest. Link
- She embarks on another tour all over Europe with her music duo Northwest.
- She continues to work as a composer for various production music companies such as EMI Records, Ultraphonic and Felt Music among others.
- She's currently writing, producing and engineering the soundtrack for the film Kurdos directed by Olivia Matas.
It's worth mentioning that Mariuca has directed and edited most of her music videos in her solo project Mariuk (John Smith, Summer Song, God on the Dancefloor, Reborn, Echo (co-directed with Blue Calima), Time, The Sword, Here Lies My Old Self) and her music duo Northwest with composer and producer Igancio Simón (Reflection, Look at Me, Wind, Dimaryp, Winterland, All of a Sudden and Anomaly(the last three mentioned were co-directed with Ignacio Simón)) designed all the artwork and brand identity of both projects and the record label Tempel Arts and coded the 4 resulting websites (including this one).